Today was a day Andrew has waited for since we found out we were expecting.
The day had a few requisites:
- Son = born
- Son has to be old enough to sit on his own
- Son has good balance
- Find a helmet to fit the son (this took help from his Aunt on the other side of the world)
- Buy a seat for the big boy
- Seat needs to be installed
- A nice day (not rainy or wet – an important criterion when one lives in Singapore)
- Take him out for his first time bike riding with Daddy!
Daddy and son were kind enough to let Mommy come along. It’s was the first time I’d been on a bike in Singapore. (The last time I was on a bike was in Thailand, and it didn’t go as well as I would’ve hoped for!)
It was a great first outing on bikes as a family.
My favorite part of the bike ride was riding behind my two men and seeing Gideon happily raising his hand in the air as if to wave to people and say, “Isn’t this fun!”
Andrew was so thrilled that Gideon did well in his new bike seat. He’s only too eager to take him out for some Daddy and son time on the bike, starting now!
As an aside note, we saw one of the coolest and most unique bikes today:
We actually stopped to talk to the owner while she was taking a break with her kids. The bike has a two seater wooden box compartment in front of the driver. How cool is that!!!???? Anyways, she said she often goes for bike rides with her kids, so maybe we’ll meet again 🙂